Connect with us

NEWS

NBS REJECTS CHARLES ODONGTHO’S RESIGNATION LETTER, INSISTING TOP SCRIBE MUST EXPLAIN HIMSELF FIRST

By Mulengera Reporters

Apparently, veteran broadcasting scribe Charles Odongtho’s exit from the Kamwokya-based Next Media Group isn’t going to be an easy one as was previously anticipated. To their credit, the Chimpreports team broke the story of his exit earlier today and it’s something which management hasn’t taken in lightly.

Inside sources at the Media Plaza, where NBS, hitherto Odongtho’s employers, is based have this evening intimated to Mulengera News website that the senior scribe’s decision to corraboratively leak the news of his resignation was meant to serve pre-emptive purposes. That he had got premonition that the sacking was coming his way and had to undertake face-saving measures hence his decision to ease out ahead of the Disciplinary Committee meeting slated for tomorrow Tuesday 2pm.

That, stung by his declining performance, failure cordially work with production teams and failure to satisfactorily meet the Group Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that CEO Kin Kariisa is famous for enforcing very strictly, management referred award-winning Odongtho’s case to the Group Disciplinary Committee before whose members he was supposed to account for his actions and omissions. We are told one of the complicating realities was the fact that the Frontline host often disagreed with and ignored input by producers of his show. That he often was contemptuous of the group remunerated to produce his show. This created bad blood that culminated into his exit protesting poisoned work environment notwithstanding the unprecedentedly good pay he walked away with every month. 

“The DC [Disciplinary Committee] meeting is on tomorrow [Tuesday] at 2pm and he is expected to appear there in person and respond to performance-related complaints against him. In the meantime, his resignation remains rejected because we aren’t accepting it until after the DC disciplinary procedures are exhaustively administered upon him during tomorrow’s session,” says a credibly well-placed source at the Kamwokya-based media empire for which Odongtho has gainfully worked for some years and in the process spectacularly transforming his life while broadening his professional network and social capital.  Mulengera News credibly understands that the DC proceedings tomorrow will end in the defiant Odongtho being dismissed with disgrace, a decision that management will subsequently communicate to the public in a carefully-worded media release.

We are impeccably informed that, determining not to be bothered or cowed by staff departures, Next Media Group management has resolved to continue strictly enforcing their high KPI requirement and ruthlessly cracking the whip on floppy staffers in the hope that only serious ones will in the end stay to continue serving as employees for the media Group that is increasingly distinguishing itself as the country’s leading source of news and entertainment. See our earlier related reporting here (https://mulengeranews.com/nbs-frontline-host-charles-odongtho-quits/). Watch this space for more updates on this Odongtho exit. (For comments on this story, call, text or whatsapp us on 0705579994, 0779411734, 0200900416 or email us at mulengera2040@gmail.com). 

Comments

comments

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in NEWS