EPRC SCOOPS FOCUS ECONOMICS 2020 ANALYST FORECASTER AWARD
By Mulengera Reporter
Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC) Research Fellow Corti Paul Lakuma has won the Focus Economics 2020 Analyst Forecast awards.
This is the fourth time in a row Lakuma, an experienced economist, has scooped the award warding off stiff challenges from Fitch Solutions and the Standard Chartered Bank to emerge the best forecaster for Uganda’s Exchange rates.
The award recognizes the most accurate forecasters for the main macroeconomic indicators across 89 countries and 22 commodity prices in 2019.
To identify the top economic forecasters, Focus Economics assessed the accuracy of the forecasts submitted by over 350 institutions to its consensus Forecast survey over the course of 22 months.
Among the winning institutions are the world’s most renowned international banks and economic research firms.
Lakuma also emerged as the third best overall candidate after the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) and Fitch Solutions respectively.
The yearly Focus Economics Analyst Forecast Awards recognize the analysts whose forecasts submitted to the monthly Consensus Forecast survey are the most accurate.
CORTI PAUL LAKUMA QUICK PROFILE
- Research Fellow at the Macroeconomic department at the Economic Policy research Centre
- Research interest in the Micro foundations of Macroeconomics by modelling the real business cycle, consumption, investment, monetary and fiscal policy, asset pricing, oil and gas, growth and the financial sector using the Dynamics Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) Model.
- Previously worked as a Program Manager with UMC in the East Africa Annual Conference where he oversaw many poverty alleviation and leadership development programs in Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, South Sudan and Uganda
- Holds a MSc. Economics from University of Essex, United Kingdom
- His dissertation involved use of Time series Econometrics to calibrate Market Power Indices to study competition in the American Oil Industry
- He plays basketball in his leisure time
(For comments on this story, call, text or whatsapp us on 0705579994, 0779411734, 0200900416 or email us at email@example.com).